Individuals are eligible for Community HealthChoices if they are 21 years old or older, a resident of Pennsylvania, and either:
- Dually eligible for Medicare and Medical Assistance (with or without long-term services and supports [LTSS]); OR
- Eligible for Medical Assistance and qualify for LTSS because they need the level of care provided by a nursing facility.
Individuals are not eligible for Community HealthChoices if they are any one of the following:
- An Act 150 program participant who is not dual eligible for Medicare and Medical Assistance.
- An individual with intellectual or developmental disabilities (ID/DD) who is eligible for services through DHS’ Office of Developmental Programs.
- A resident in a state-operated nursing facility, including the state veterans’ homes.
- An individual receiving OBRA Waiver LTSS.
Read more about eligibility