Here’s the plan for comprehensive care, when and where you need it.
When you think of quality care, you think of UPMC. Whether your visit involves routine services or cutting-edge medical technology, the world-class hospitals of UPMC and our valued community partners provide our members with exceptional care.
The UPMC Health Plan extended network provides access to high-quality care for dependents living outside our service area. If you need urgent or emergency care while traveling, we're there for you.
So when your employer gives you a choice this year, choose the health plan that gives you in-network access to an outstanding health care experience.
Wondering if your PCP or specialist is included in the UPMC Health Plan network? Search our provider directory here.
Take care of your total health—anytime, anywhere
UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line
Concerned about care away from home?
Student and dependent coverage
Free global emergency travel assistance
When you and your dependents need to use your health benefits, we’ve got you covered. Anytime, anywhere.
Extended network access depends on the exact plan your employer chooses to offer.
1. UPMC nurses who answer calls are licensed to assist members in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, New York, and Ohio. Members must be located in one of those states when calling the UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line. The UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line is not a substitute for medical care. If an emergency arises, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department. Nurses cannot answer plan or benefit questions. Please call the Member Services phone number on the back of your member ID card for nonclinical inquiries.
2. UPMC Health Plan members located in Pennsylvania at the time of virtual visit may select a UPMC-employed provider or a provider from Online Care Network II P.C. (OCN), subject to availability and discretion of the provider. Members located outside of Pennsylvania will receive service from OCN. OCN is not an affiliate of UPMC.
3. UPMC Children’s AnywhereCare is a service that is available through the UPMC AnywhereCare platform. It can be used for children ages 0 to 17. UPMC Children’s AnywhereCare is available only to patients who are in Pennsylvania. In order for a child to have a UPMC Children’s AnywhereCare visit, the child’s parent or legal guardian must be with the child during the video portion of the visit, and the child and parent or legal guardian must be in Pennsylvania during the visit. If you are located outside of Pennsylvania at the time of service, you may select the standard UPMC AnywhereCare module and you will receive care from a provider employed or contracted by Online Care Network II P.C. (OCN) at the discretion of the provider. OCN is not an affiliate of UPMC.
4. Coverage at student health centers may not apply to all plans.
5. For travel that will extend beyond 90 days, you can obtain additional Assist America coverage through the Expatriate/Extended Coverage program. Your dependents who are studying abroad can also use this coverage. Assist America charges a fee for this program. You may have a cost share for services that Assist America helps to arrange. Assist America is not travel or medical insurance, and its services do not replace health coverage while you are away from home. All services must be arranged and provided by Assist America. Bills for any medical costs you incur should be submitted to UPMC Health Plan. They will be subject to the policy limits of your health coverage.