You should make sure that DHS has your current address and phone number. Providing this information will allow both DHS and UPMC for Kids to contact you about your child’s coverage. We can also contact you when your child’s renewal is due.
You can update your information using any of the options below.
- Log into or create an account at COMPASS, an online tool that lets Pennsylvanians apply for and renew many health and human services programs, as well as manage their benefit information. You can also download the myCOMPASS PA mobile app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Call the Pennsylvania DHS Statewide Customer Service Center at 1-877-395-8930 or 1-215-560-7226 in Philadelphia Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You will get a renewal packet in the mail when it is time to renew your child’s CHIP coverage. You will start to receive information in the mail about your renewal 90 days before it is due. It is very important that you complete and return the renewal forms along with any additional documentation requested. You can complete and submit your child’s renewal:
- Over the phone. Renew over the phone by calling UPMC for Kids at 1-800-978-8762. We are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Online. Renew online by visiting COMPASS or through the myCOMPASS mobile app.
- By mail. Complete and return the renewal forms by mailing them back to the County Assistance Office in the provided envelope.
If you do not complete your child’s renewal by the renewal due date, your child’s coverage will end. You will receive a notice from DHS explaining the coverage termination.
For the most up-to-date information on the PHE, you can review common questions about the end of the PHE on the Pennsylvania DHS website.
Please check back, as we will continue to update this website with more information as it becomes available.