Our provider network includes more than 138 hospitals and facilities and more than 16,500 physicians.
UPMC Health Plan members have access to a broad retail pharmacy network that includes:
- National chain pharmacies such as CVS, Kmart, Rite-Aid, Sam’s Club, and Walmart; and regional chain pharmacies such as Giant Eagle, Wegmans, and Acme.
- An extensive network of independent pharmacies and other regional chain pharmacies.
Long-term maintenance medications are typically available through the Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy.
Specialty medications will generally be dispensed from Accredo Specialty Pharmacy or Chartwell Specialty Pharmacy and may be limited to a one-month supply.
UPMC Health Plan has agreements with multiple extended provider networks to cover:
- Members who need medical care while traveling.
- Dependents (up to age 26) who live outside our service area.
- Commercial group members who live outside our service area.
The UPMC Health Plan extended network includes:
- The SuperMed PPO network in Ohio.
- The Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) and MultiPlan networks outside our Pennsylvania service area and Ohio.
Members traveling more than 100 miles from home have access to emergency medical assistance through Assist America.* This service can connect members and their covered family members to doctors, hospitals, and other emergency services—free of charge.
*Assist America is available when members experience a medical emergency while traveling more than 100 miles from their residence, including to another country, for less than 90 days. Assist America is not medical insurance.