UPMC Health Plan Dental & Vision Plans
Standalone or bundled, UPMC Dental Advantage and UPMC Vision Advantage are available in a variety of plan models to meet your employees’ needs.
Employers can purchase UPMC Dental Advantage as standalone coverage or integrate it with their UPMC Health Plan medical coverage. Members have access to a vast network through one of three plan models—Basic, Standard, and Premium.
Employers with 51 or more eligible employees can bundle UPMC Dental Advantage and/or UPMC Vision Care plans with medical and receive a discount on the medical premium.
UPMC Dental Advantage
- Prior authorization not required for major services
- Increased coverage for nonsurgical periodontal treatment, including topical application of fluoride for adults with a history of surgical periodontal treatment
- Coverage for microbial tests and brush biopsies
- Additional cleaning offered during pregnancy
UPMC Vision Care
- Over 50,000 providers through partnership with NVA (National Vision Administrators)
- Fixed pricing at a discounted price for lens add-ons, spare frames, and additional exams during the benefit period
- Mail-order contact lens service
- Discounts on LASIK vision correction when received from the UPMC Eye Center, TLC Vision, QualSight, or LASIK Centers of America (LCA)
UPMC Vision Care offers a variety of plan designs with both copay and no-copay options.