Preventive Dental Coverage
UPMC for Life plans include preventive dental coverage for oral exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Copay and dental allowance amounts vary by plan. Compare UPMC for Life plans in your area.
Visit one of our participating UPMC for Life Dental Advantage providers for the following preventive benefits:
Find a participating dental provider.
- Two oral exams and cleanings per year
- One bitewing x-ray per year
- One panoramic x-ray every 36 months
- Comprehensive dental allowance for fillings, tooth extractions, bridges, crowns, and much more (on some plans)
- One comprehensive oral exam every 36 months
In most cases, you are responsible for all other charges beyond preventive care. Preventive care copays and the comprehensive dental allowance are excluded from the yearly medical deductible, if applicable, and do not count toward the annual maximum out-of-pocket.
Shop Now for a Plan
Some group plans do not include preventive dental benefits administered by UPMC for Life.
Learn why extra benefits like our preventive dental coverage are important to UPMC for Life members Brad and Meme: