We are here for you
We are committed to providing our members with support and resources that can help you through this uncertain time. You can use these resources to stay active, manage stress, and stay engaged with others. These are all available to you from the comfort of your home.
Learn about coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention tips and the expanded member benefits we’re offering.
Resources for Life
Resources for Life can offer solutions to life’s problems big or small. Through this program, we can connect you with community resources, telephonic counseling, and personal caregiver support. Call UPMC Resources for Life toll-free at 1-866-441-4395 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or go to Resources for Life and use the password RESOURCES.
You can receive six counseling sessions per year—over the phone or in person—with a trained and licensed counselor at no extra cost.* Your counselor can help you with family and relationship concerns, anxiety, depression, and more. Call 1-866-441-4395 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get started.
Tools for caregivers
Your family members or caregivers can receive six counseling sessions per year—over the phone or in person—at no extra cost.* This benefit can be used to help caregivers reduce their feelings of loss, loneliness, or stress. It can also offer caregivers resources for communicating effectively, making tough decisions, setting goals, and solving problems. Call 1-866-441-4395 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get started.
In addition to home fitness kits, SilverSneakers® is adding more options and programs so you can exercise at home and avoid going to the gym:
- "Livestream" classes offered via video conferencing technology
- SilverSneakers Go digitally-led activities such as guided walks
- SilverSneakers instructors and fitness network locations hosting live broadcast events
- On-demand classes and workshops available 24/7 through the SilverSneakers member portal
- FLEX instructors hosting instructor-led events in open spaces
Go to SilverSneakers for more information about at-home fitness options.
Plus, don’t forget about these extra members-only programs that can help you live your best life:
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Allowance – A quarterly mail-order allowance that can be used to buy the health and wellness items you use every day (on some plans)
- UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line – Access to medical care and treatment advice 24 hours a day through an online e-visit with UPMC AnywhereCare or by calling the UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line
- Routine vision care – Includes routine vision coverage for exams and eyewear, and members have the choice to see any provider they like—even if the provider is not in our vision provider network
- Preventive dental coverage – Includes coverage for exams and cleanings
- Managing and preventing diabetes – Resources and support to help manage or prevent diabetes
- Travel Concierge Program – In-network coverage for HMO members while traveling in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, and emergency medical assistance worldwide
- MyHealth OnLine – Access to a secure members-only website where you can track your health information
- Community events – To protect the health and well-being of our members, employees, and community, all UPMC Health Plan-hosted community and member events have been canceled through April 30, 2020.
*This benefit is administered through Resources for Life and is a separate benefit from the outpatient mental health benefits provided under your plan, which may require a copay or other cost sharing. Please see your Evidence of Coverage for details.