Health Coaches and Care Management
UPMC for Life Complete Care (HMO SNP) members have access to personal programs and resources that can help you coordinate your care, make healthy lifestyle changes, and even provide support for serious illnesses.
Health Coaches and Personal Care Managers
A UPMC Health Plan health coach can help you learn how to:
- Quit smoking.
- Lose weight.
- Eat healthier.
- Manage stress.
- Become more active and physically fit.
- Get assistance with care coordination.
- Manage diabetes, cardiovascular health, and respiratory issues.
A personal care manager can help you:
- Connect with the best doctors for your needs and coordinate your care.
- Understand your doctor’s instructions after a visit.
- Contact your doctor’s office if a prescription is not filled or a service is not covered, and let you know ways to save money on your medications.
- Find services in your community that you may need.
To take advantage of these programs, give us a call us toll-free at 1-855-395-8762 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Support for serious illness
If you have a serious or advanced illness, you can get extra care and support at no extra cost. This benefit is for members living at home or in an assisted living facility. It is not available to members in a skilled nursing facility.
Our care team can:
- Create a personal care plan that meets your needs.
- Help you manage your symptoms and medications.
- Deliver meals to your home, if needed.
To learn more, call us toll-free at 1-866-778-6073 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.