UPMC for Life is proud to be the Pennsylvania state sponsor of National Senior Health & Fitness Day® for the 13th year in a row. This is the largest annual health event for older adults in the U.S.
Here’s what we have planned:
Jen Macharsky, a SilverSneakers® health and fitness representative, will walk through different exercises you can do from the comfort of your home. You’ll also get information about SilverSneakers at-home fitness kits, live fitness classes, and new online programs that can help you stay active!
- SilverSneakers is offering additional fitness experiences to help you stay active from home during this challenging time. Go to SilverSneakers.com for information about their virtual live events, on-demand exercises, and more!
- Help your family members or loved ones with college tuition! Sign up for Tuition Rewards® through SilverSneakers.
- Try yoga at home – all you need is a chair! Watch this short SilverSneakers video to learn 5 simple yoga poses you can do at home.
- Health coaching – A health coach can help you set goals, overcome challenges, manage stress, and stay on track toward enjoying your best health. Call toll-free: 1-833-650-7800 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Resources for Life – Get help with solutions to life’s problems, big or small. We can connect you with community resources, telephonic counseling, and caregiver support. Call toll-free: 1-833-650-7800 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or go to Resources for Life and use the password resources.
- Brain Manager – Get the support you need to manage stress and anxiety with this free mobile app.
- UPMC Centers for Rehab Services – UPMC Centers for Rehab services offers programs for your physical, occupational and speech therapy needs, either in-person or through video. Go to UPMC Centers for Rehab Services or contact 1-888-723-4277 for more information.