At UPMC Health Plan, we believe some benefits are simply too important to be considered optional. That’s why every plan we offer includes access to award-winning customer service from a team of Health Care Concierges; access to a broad network of doctors, hospitals, and urgent care facilities, including nationally recognized UPMC hospitals and doctors; innovative tools; and more. This is the value of choosing UPMC Health Plan.
UPMC Health Plan’s outstanding customer service team strives to resolve questions and concerns in one phone call. A Health Care Concierge can help you:
- Find a doctor or other provider.
- Get answers to benefit questions and explain how your health plan works.
- Check to see if a prescription drug is covered.
- Schedule important preventive care appointments.
Travel emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime. When you travel, you’ll rest easier knowing your health coverage is coming along on the journey. Members who are more than 100 miles from home have access to Assist America, the nation’s largest provider of global emergency services.
The ability to have a virtual visit with a UPMC provider
A virtual visit through UPMC AnywhereCare gives you access to low-cost, high-quality care from professionals you can trust. UPMC AnywhereCare providers* are easily accessible over live video straight from your smartphone, tablet, or computer—24/7!
*UPMC Health Plan members located in Pennsylvania at the time of service will have a virtual visit with a UPMC-employed provider. If a member is located outside Pennsylvania, service will be delivered by a separate provider group - Online Care Group (OCG).
As a member you can access care and information whenever you need it. Our online tools include:
MyHealth OnLine – A personalized members-only website that puts all this at your fingertips:
- Coverage details and plan documents
- Doctor and pharmacy search
- Members-only discounts
- Claims and spending details
- Health and wellness programs
- Member Services online chat
- Patient treatment options
- Member ID card replacement
A mobile app for your Android or iPhone that lets you:
- Access UPMC Health Plan member ID cards for you and your family.
- Access live chat and secure texting with Member Services.
- Search for UPMC urgent care centers by wait times.
- Manage your prescriptions and pharmacies in the Pharmacy Center.
- Check the status of your claims.
Medical cost estimator
Find out roughly how much you can expect to pay out-of-pocket for a specific procedure.