Routine Vision Care
Get the eye care you need! Members can see any provider they like, even if the provider is not in our vision provider network.
UPMC for Life plans include:
- Routine vision coverage for exams and eyewear.
- One routine vision exam, plus a routine vision allowance every one or two years, depending on the plan.
The routine vision allowance can be used toward the cost of contact lenses or eyewear, including all lens types, such as progressive and transitional. Routine vision allowance amounts vary by plan. Compare UPMC for Life plans in your area.
How does the routine vision benefit work?
- If routine vision services are received from a participating provider, the vision provider will bill the plan.
- If you receive routine vision services from a nonparticipating provider, you may have to pay the cost of the service at the time of the appointment. You can submit a claim for reimbursement for up to the vision allowance amount for your plan.
- To submit a claim for reimbursement, you will need to complete a vision claim reimbursement form and fax or mail it to us.
The routine vision allowance does not apply to glasses after cataract surgery. It is excluded from the yearly deductible, if applicable, and does not count toward the annual out-of-pocket maximum.
More on Dental and Hearing Coverage