UPMC Health Plan Ancillary Benefits
Dental, vision and hearing health coverage are available in a variety of models to support the overall health of your employees.
Dental and vision benefits can be purchased as stand-alone options, or vision, dental, and hearing benefits can be paired with UPMC Health Plan medical coverage.
Employers with 51 or more eligible employees can bundle UPMC Dental Advantage and/or UPMC Vision Care plans with medical coverage and receive a discount on the medical premium.
UPMC Dental Advantage
Employers can purchase UPMC Dental Advantage as standalone coverage or integrate it with their UPMC Health Plan medical coverage. Members have access to a vast network through one of three plan models—Basic, Standard, and Premium.
- Prior authorization not required for major services
- Increased coverage for nonsurgical periodontal treatment, including topical application of fluoride for adults with a history of surgical periodontal treatment
- Coverage for microbial tests and brush biopsies
- Additional cleaning offered during pregnancy
UPMC Vision Care
- Over 50,000 providers through partnership with NVA (National Vision Administrators)
- Fixed pricing at a discounted price for lens add-ons, spare frames, and additional exams during the benefit period
- Mail-order contact lens service
- Discounts on LASIK vision correction when received from the UPMC Eye Center, TLC Vision, QualSight, or LASIK Centers of America (LCA)
- Exam Only Plus
UPMC Vision Care offers a variety of plan designs with both copay and no-copay options.
- Exam Only Plus
- Classic Plus
- Deluxe Plus
- Prime Plus
- Premier Plus
- Elite Plus
Hearing Health Benefit
Our hearing health benefit is provided in partnership with Amplifon Hearing Health Care.1 Amplifon has negotiated discounts with a nationwide network of contracted providers, and members can use their benefits to lower providers’ already discounted prices.
Hearing health benefit members are eligible for one hearing exam every 36 months. They also have access to:
- More than 1,700 hearing aid products from top manufacturers.
- More than 5,500 providers.
- A patient advocate who will coordinate all clinic appointments and provide assistance throughout the process of getting fitted for a hearing aid.
- One year of free follow-up care, a two-year supply of batteries, a three-year warranty covering defects and repairs by the manufacturer, and a one-time replacement of the device in the event of loss or damage.2
- 60-day return policy if the member is not completely satisfied.
- A money-back guarantee.
1 This offering is currently available only for self-insured groups. The hearing health benefit offers six plans with benefits allowances ranging from $1,000 to $6,000. It is sold as a rider to medical plans.
2 The hearing health benefit deductible will apply in event of loss or damage to a hearing aid. The amount of the deductible will vary depending on the make and model of the hearing aid.