Pediatric health services
If your child needs day-to-day help with a health condition, UPMC Health Plan is here for you. We have resources for children of all ages and their families. Prescription for Wellness pediatric care managers and health coaches can work with you to improve your child’s health. The program is available to all UPMC Health Plan members at no cost.
Pediatric care management
Working with a pediatric care manager can help you prevent, improve, or manage a health condition. It can also help you support your child's well-being at home.
Our pediatric care managers come from a variety of backgrounds. Many are registered nurses or social workers. They help families manage their child's health conditions, social needs, and overall wellness.
Our care managers can answer questions and help you:
- Find resources.
- Schedule doctor appointments.
- Manage your child's health conditions.
UPMC Health Plan also offers support through these programs:
You can connect with a care manager at 1-866-778-6073 (TTY users should call 711.) Help is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Pediatric and family lifestyle coaching
Working with a pediatric health coach can help your family make healthy changes. Our coaches can help with:
- Weight management. You can work to reach or maintain a healthy body mass index.
- Stress management. You can learn stress signals and coping skills.
- Nutrition basics. You can learn about healthy meals and snacks.
- Physical activity. You can work to add fun activities into your family life.
- Quitting tobacco. You can work to prevent or stop tobacco use.
Healthy Families program
You can use our Healthy Families program if you have a child ages 6 to 12. It can teach you skills that can help shape your family's health.1 The program includes sessions on healthy eating, making nutritious choices, and increasing your physical activity. It also reviews screen-time limits, managing stress, and more.
This program is designed to help you:
- Learn about habits that are key to good health.
- Learn skills to build those healthy habits.
- Practice the habits. This will help you to be a role model for your child.
- Teach your child the habits.
You can choose from these coaching options:
- Single-session coaching
- Virtual weekly group sessions
- A multi-session tailored program
- A nine-week program about habits and skills for the family
Get started with a pediatric health coach today!
You can ask your health care provider for a referral. You can also sign up through UPMC AnywhereCare.
- Connect with UPMC AnywhereCare
- Log in to UPMC AnywhereCare or sign up for an account.
- Click the Health Navigation tile.
- If a health navigator is available, choose, Visit Now. You can also schedule an appointment with a health navigator at a time that’s convenient to you.
- Call us
To connect with a health coach, call 1-855-772-8762 TTY users should call 711. Help is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Behavioral health resources
UPMC Health Plan offers a variety of behavioral health resources to members. Information about programs and services to improve and manage behavioral health is available online.
1 The Healthy Families coaching program is available for families who are enrolled in UPMC Health Plan’s fully insured commercial group coverage, UPMC for Kids, UPMC for You, and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace plans.