Pediatric health services
If your child needs day-to-day help with a health condition, UPMC Health Plan is here for you. We have resources for children of all ages and their families. UPMC Prescription for Wellness provides you with access to pediatric care managers and health coaches who work with you to improve your child’s health. Prescription for Wellness is available to all UPMC Health Plan members at no cost.
Pediatric care management
Working with a pediatric care manager can help you prevent, improve, or manage a health condition for your child and support their health and well-being at home.
Our pediatric care managers come from a variety of backgrounds. Many are registered nurses or social workers. They help families with children of all ages manage conditions, social needs, and their overall health.
Our care managers can answer questions and help you:
- Find resources.
- Schedule doctor appointments.
- Work with you and your child's doctor to manage your child's health conditions.
Additionally, UPMC Health Plan offers support to parents through the following programs:
Pediatric care managers offer support for you and your family! You can connect with a pediatric care manager at 1-866-778-6073 (TTY: 711). Care managers are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Pediatric and family lifestyle coaching
Working with a pediatric health coach can help you and your family make healthy lifestyle changes. Our pediatric health coaches can help you with topics related to:
- Weight management—achieve and maintain a healthy body mass index (BMI).
- Stress management—become aware of signs of stress and learn coping skills.
- Nutrition basics—plan nutritious family meals and offer healthy snacks.
- Physical activity—add fun activities for all ages into family life.
- Tobacco cessation—avoid or eliminate the use of tobacco in the family.
Healthy Families program
If you have children ages 6 to 12, you can use our Healthy Families program to learn healthy habits and skills that can help shape the health of your family.1 The program includes sessions on healthy eating, making nutritional choices, increasing physical activity, limiting screen time, managing stress, and more.
This program is designed to help you:
- Learn about lifestyle habits that are key to your child’s health
- Learn skills for building those habits
- Take small, doable steps to practice the habits yourself. This will allow you to serve as a role model for your child
- Teach your child the habits
When you enroll in the program, you can choose from these flexible coaching options to meet your needs:
- Single-session coaching
- Virtual weekly group sessions
- A flexible multi-session tailored program
- A nine-week coaching program focusing on habits and skills for the family
Get started with a pediatric health coach today!
You can talk to your health care provider about a referral or can self-refer by going to UPMC AnywhereCare.
- Connect with UPMC AnywhereCare
- Log in to UPMC AnywhereCare or sign up for a new account.
- Click the Health Navigation tile.
- If a health navigator is available, choose, Visit Now. You can also schedule an appointment with a health navigator at a time that’s convenient to you.
- Call us
To connect with a pediatric health coach, call 1-855-772-8762 (TTY: 711).
1 The Healthy Families Coaching Program is available for families enrolled in UPMC Health Plan’s fully-insured commercial group coverage, UPMC for Kids, UPMC for You, and individual Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace plans.