You probably have questions about COVID-19, and we’re here to help with the answers. You can find more information on the CDC’s COVID-19 website.
What is COVID-19, and how is it spreading?
COVID-19 is a respiratory (lung) disease caused by a new (novel) virus. The most common way for the virus to spread is person-to-person transmission, including:
- Through the air by coughing or sneezing.
- Through close, personal contact, such as by touching or shaking hands.
- By touching an object or surface that has the virus on it, then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Information from the CDC about how COVID-19 spreads
What are the potential symptoms of COVID-19?
People with COVID-19 have mild to severe symptoms, including some or all of the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or a runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not contain all possible symptoms. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Older people and individuals with health conditions like heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes are at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 symptoms.
Information from the CDC about COVID-19 symptoms
What can I do to protect myself?
Take preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact by practicing social distancing.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who do not live in your household.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when you are around others.
- Monitor your health daily.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
Information from the CDC about how to protect yourself and others
I think I might have COVID-19. How do I get tested?
Visit our COVID-19 testing page for ways to evaluate your symptoms and information about how get tested for COVID-19.
How much will testing cost?
Visit our COVID-19 coverage for members page for more information about the cost of diagnostic COVID-19 testing based on your coverage type.
What else is covered if I need care related to COVID-19?
Visit our COVID-19 coverage for members page for more information about what’s covered based on your coverage type.
If you have questions about your coverage, see your plan documents or contact Member Services for the most up-to-date information regarding your benefits.