Medicare Parts A and B for Annuitants
UPMC Health Plan has designed the Standard Option HMO to assist you with your Medicare Part B payment.
Here's how it works:
- Choose to enroll in the Standard Option.
- Choose to enroll in Medicare Part B along with Medicare Part A.*
- Your deductible is lowered to $700 for Self Only coverage.
- Your coinsurance is reduced to zero.
- You’ll receive up to $800 in premium reimbursement through a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA).
- Set up a reimbursement by mail or online using these forms:
Remember, all plan options include a health incentive account (HIA) that enables you to earn up to $250 for Self Only coverage.
||Annual Plan Deductible
||Standard Option with Medicare Parts A and B
|Standard Option with Medicare Part A
||$850 for Self Only coverage
||20% after deductible
|Standard Option with Medicare Parts A and B
||$700 for Self Only coverage
||0% after deductible
||Up to $800 per member
This is a summary of the features of the UPMC Health Plan options. Before making a final decision, please read the Health Plan’s Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and 2021 Plan Brochure RI 73-797. All benefits are subject to the definitions, limitations, and exclusions set forth in the plan brochure. The scenarios depicted in this document only apply when Medicare is the primary payer.
*Go to Medicare.gov for information on how to purchase Medicare Part B.
**Office visit and prescription drug copayments apply for the Standard Option HMO plan, including when it is paired with Medicare Parts A and B.