If you are a Philips employee and need hip or knee joint replacement surgery, choose the UPMC Health Plan Platinum Care Program.
The best possible care
This program gives you access to the best possible care for these procedures through UPMC Health Plan Centers of Excellence (COEs). COEs include orthopedic surgeons and facilities that meet strict standards of care, have low complication rates, and achieve optimal outcomes.
Nurse navigators: Providing caring, personal support
When you participate in the UPMC Health Plan Platinum Care Program, you will work with a nurse navigator who will help you through your surgical journey.* The navigator will guide you through the entire surgical process—from preparation through recovery. Having this support can give you the peace of mind you need to focus on your health and get back to the activities you enjoy.
Your navigator will also help you:
- Prepare for your procedure.
- Schedule appointments.
- Review patient education materials.
- Set up your MyUPMC account.
- Designate a person to make health care decisions on your behalf, if necessary. This is known as a health care proxy.
- Choose a support person for your surgery day.
- Understand what to expect after surgery.
- Determine who you should call if you need help.
- Get answers to any other questions.
Providers that are committed to excellence
Platinum Care Providers (PDF)
Physical therapists (pre- and post-surgical visits)
Physical therapy will be an important part of your journey and recovery. A nurse navigator can help you connect with the UPMC Centers for Rehab Services or a UPMC Home Healthcare provider to improve your mobility after surgery.
*You will be connected with a nurse navigator only if you qualify for the UPMC Health Plan Platinum Care Program.