What is UPMC Prescription for Wellness?
It is an innovative, physician-prescribed health coaching and feedback program that:
- Connects your patients with evidence-based health interventions and board-certified health coaches from UPMC Health Plan.
- Improves patient engagement in healthy behaviors and self-management of chronic disease.
- Is available to eligible UPMC Health Plan members at no cost.*
- Can be ordered directly from EpicCare or UPMC Health Plan’s secure provider website, Provider OnLine.
View this information in a downloadable postcard (PDF)
Physician and patient engagement
- The physician/patient conversation is the preface to promoting positive behavior change.
- Patients are up to 10 times more likely to use health coaching when you prescribe it!
Read the award-winning outcomes study.
Three simple steps for providers
- You prescribe – Write a Prescription for Wellness and instruct the patient to call a health coach.
- We fill – A health coach connects with patients within 48 hours of receiving a Prescription for Wellness order.
- You follow up – The physician receives a follow-up on patient’s progress within 30 days from the health coach.
Health Coaching and Condition Management
Prescription for Wellness for Employers
For more information about Prescription for Wellness, contact your physician account executive or email the Prescription for Wellness team at RxforWellness@upmc.edu.
*Prescription for Wellness is not available to dental groups.