As employers look to contain pharmacy costs for their employees while maintaining the highest quality of care, strategies for finding the value in pharmacy benefits will be key in achieving this goal.
Tune in to our on-demand webinar, where UPMC Health Plan’s Pharmacy and Account Management leaders share information on the latest pharmacy trends and UPMC Health
Plan’s unique approach to finding the value in pharmacy benefits. Chronis Manolis, RPh, senior vice president of Pharmacy and chief pharmacy officer for UPMC Health Plan and the UPMC Insurance Services Division, leads this discussion on how your pharmacy plan helps you keep pace in today’s fast-changing environment. The panel shares new perspectives that can supercharge traditional approaches to pharmacy benefits—including the empowerment factor behind integrating pharmacy and medical benefits.
WATCH THE WEBINAR
About the speakers
- Chronis Manolis, RPh, Senior Vice President of Pharmacy and Chief Pharmacy Officer for UPMC Health Plan and the UPMC Insurance Services Division
- Mr. Manolis is senior vice president of Pharmacy and chief pharmacy officer for UPMC Health Plan and the UPMC Insurance Services Division. In these roles, he oversees the pharmacy programs of the Insurance Services Division’s commercial and government products, as well as that of Workpartners. Mr. Manolis is responsible for all aspects of pharmacy benefit administration, including drug benefit design, clinical program development, and the overall performance of the Pharmacy Services Division.
- Rob Brekosky, Vice President of Pharmacy Operations and Vendor Management for UPMC
- Mr. Brekosky is vice president of pharmacy operations and vendor management for UPMC. In this role, he oversees pharmacy operations, including the Pharmacy Service Center, benefit configuration, compliance and regulatory functions, pharmacy analytics, and finance. Mr. Brekosky is also responsible for leading the management, business development, oversight, and administration of all vendor contractual relationships.
- Kasey McCarl, Senior Director of Account Management for UPMC Health Plan
- Ms. McCarl is the senior director of Account Management for UPMC Health Plan. In this role, she oversees the account management activities of the Health Plan’s large and strategic commercial insurance products, including account implementation, account retention, and customer communications and relationships. She is also tasked with implementing company initiatives, such as managing drug formularies, legislative and regulatory mandates, and new products and services. Further, Ms. McCarl acts as a liaison for Medicare and Medicaid account management activities.