We’ve added the state of Arizona to our travel benefit for 2020. UPMC for Life members enrolled in an HMO plan have in-network coverage when traveling to Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. You pay the same cost-sharing when seeing providers in these states as you do in-network at home.
Call your Health Care Concierge team before you see a provider so that we can help to coordinate your care. We can help you:
- Locate a provider or pharmacy for you.
- Schedule a medical appointment for you.
- Help you obtain prior authorization for services as needed.
The Travel Concierge Program is only applicable in the states of Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. HMO members will be charged in-network cost sharing for covered services received from any provider that accepts Medicare. PPO plan members will be charged out-of-network cost sharing as applicable for covered services received from non-participating providers. All members are charged the applicable cost sharing for emergent and urgent care as listed in the Evidence of Coverage.
Assist America provides emergency medical assistance when you travel more than 100 miles from home or even to another country. Help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the world.
What benefits and services does Assist America provide?
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Hospital admission assistance
- Medical monitoring
- Round-trip transportation for a family member or friend if admitted to the hospital and traveling alone
- Help replacing forgotten prescriptions (additional costs may apply)
- Assistance with local language communications
- Member transportation if medically necessary
- Arranging for transport of mortal remains
For a list of additional services, visit the Assist America website at www.assistamerica.com.
Assist America does not replace your UPMC for Life
emergency benefits. If you have an emergency, go to the nearest hospital or urgent care facility. You will be covered under your UPMC for Life