Preventive services can help spot health problems early so you can get the care you need right away!
Getting an annual wellness visit is one of the very best things you can do for your health. This important visit gives you the time you need to catch up with your doctor and create or update your personal care plan. We encourage you to reach out to your doctor and ask about your options for completing your annual wellness visit. Many doctors are now offering telehealth video visits, while others may prefer you to come into the office. This is based on your needs and should be discussed with your doctor. Plus, all UPMC for Life members can earn a $30 prepaid card for completing an annual wellness visit either in the office or through telehealth!
In addition to the annual wellness visit, eligible UPMC for Life members may also earn rewards for completing other preventive screenings:
- Colorectal cancer screening—earn $60
- Mammogram—earn $50
- Diabetic retinal eye exam—earn $25
There is no cost to members for preventive services. Once you become a member, we’ll let you know about all of your reward opportunities.
There are many preventive care services your doctor may want you to get based on your health care needs. Here is a list of common screenings. Talk to your doctor about these screenings at your next appointment:
- Breast cancer (mammogram)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cervical and vaginal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Looking for an easier way to complete your screening? Cologuard® is an easy-to-use colorectal cancer kit. No preparation is required, and you can use it in the comfort of your own home! Learn more about Cologuard.
- Depression in adults
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Prostate cancer
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) test only
Measures in place to keep you safe
Your providers should have some or all of the following safety measures in place so that you can get the in-person care you need without worry. Check with your doctor or provider directly to discuss what measures they have in place and if an in-person visit is right for you.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting
- Frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds
- Pre-entry screenings
- Physical distancing of 6 feet in waiting rooms
- Visitor limitations
- Face mask requirement for all office staff