Pittsburgh (April 6, 2020) – UPMC Health Plan announced today that it is waiving all deductibles, co-insurance and co-pays for all in-network, inpatient COVID-19 treatment for its members enrolled in fully-insured group, ACA and Medicare Advantage plans, as well as in self-insured employer group plans that opt in to this coverage. This policy change is effective immediately and will stay in effect through June 15, 2020.
“Our members have enough to think about during this challenging time and worrying about whether they can afford COVID-19 treatment should not be one of them,” said Diane Holder, President and CEO of UPMC Health Plan. “At a time of uncertainty, one thing UPMC Health Plan members can count on is that they will not have to pay out of pocket for COVID-19 treatment.”
Covering out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing and now treatment are just two of the ways UPMC Health Plan is reaching out to support its employers and members during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, UPMC Health Plan is:
- Providing additional flexibility to businesses—
- UPMC Health Plan is working to assist its employer groups by offering additional flexibility and will host a WebEx with the U.S. Small Business Administration and Huntington Bank on April 7 to talk about certain options.
- Waiving cost-sharing for telehealth—
- UPMC Health Plan removed deductibles, copayments and cost-sharing for all in-network virtual visits with a health care provider, including telehealth services through UPMC AnywhereCare, until June 15. UPMC AnywhereCare is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Allowing early prescription refills—
- UPMC Health Plan increased member access to medications by waiving early refill limits until June 15 on prescriptions filled at retail, mail and specialty pharmacies.
- UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line—
- UPMC Health Plan offers members the MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line. This resource allows UPMC Health Plan members to speak directly with a UPMC nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, when non-emergency care is needed. Our nurses can offer immediate support and advice regarding specific services members may need to assist with their care needs. UPMC Health Plan members can access the MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line by calling 1-866-918-1591.
- UPMC LifeSolutions—
- UPMC Health Plan expanded access to UPMC LifeSolutions, a telephonic service dedicated to helping individuals cope with challenging situations. Specially trained counselors are poised and ready to help our members through this difficult and stressful life event.
- Reliable education—
- UPMC Health Plan updates its website with timely, trustworthy information on COVID-19, including useful resources and articles from UPMC doctors and links to other trusted sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information about the services UPMC Health Plan provides, you may go to www.upmchealthplan.com. For additional information on the coronavirus, you may go to www.upmc.com.
About UPMC Insurance Services
UPMC Insurance Services is owned and operated by UPMC, a world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, Pa. UPMC Insurance Services—which includes UPMC Health Plan, Workpartners, UPMC for Life, UPMC for You, UPMC for Kids, and Community Care Behavioral Health—offers a full range of health insurance and benefit management services including Medicare, Special Needs, Children's Health Insurance, Medical Assistance, Behavioral Health, Employee Assistance, and Workers' Compensation products and services to over 3.7 million members. For more information, visit www.upmchealthplan.com.