This page shows you how to get the most out of your coverage. It’s a good idea to bookmark it.
After you receive your member ID number, you can:
- Access MyHealth OnLine and the UPMC Health Plan app.
New to UPMC Health Plan? Register for a UPMC Health Plan Login to access MyHealth OnLine, the UPMC Health Plan app, RxWell®, and more!
Register for a UPMC Health Plan Login Now
Already have a UPMC Health Plan Login?
After you register, complete the steps below using the website or app to make the most of your benefits:
- Review your coverage.
- Your Schedule of Benefits lists the medical services that are covered under your plan. It also details the levels of coverage provided for those services. Before you seek care from any providers, review your Schedule of Benefits for details about your copayments, coinsurance amounts, and out-of-pocket maximum.
View your Schedule of Benefits.
- Understand the costs of your plan.
- Did you enroll for health insurance through your employer? You may pay your share of the premium cost through a payroll deduction.
- Did you purchase health insurance on your own? Learn how to pay your monthly bill.
- Your Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) provide details about the health care you and your covered family members have received and what we've paid during the plan. You can view your EOBs on MyHealth OnLine.
After your effective date, you can:
- Select and confirm your primary care provider.
Make searching for or confirming your primary care provider (PCP) a priority. Your PCP’s goal is to help keep you healthy and give you the best possible care. You can choose or confirm your PCP on MyHealth OnLine.
- Review your care options.
Getting the right care at the right time is important. As a UPMC Health Plan member, you have options to address an illness or injury.
- Review your recommended care.
As a UPMC Health Plan member, you have access to many preventive services at no cost to you. That means you can receive your screenings without breaking the bank. Preventive screenings are important because they can help your health care provider detect diseases and conditions early, when they may be most treatable. Use the UPMC Health Plan app or website to find out which preventive screenings are recommended for you and to schedule appointments.
- Review your member guide.
Whether you are a new or returning member, it’s important to take a few minutes to review your member guide. We update this guide each year, and the information it contains will help you take control of your health and your health care expenses.
- Submit any necessary forms.
- Transition of Care (TOC) form (PDF): If you join UPMC Health Plan while receiving ongoing treatment from a nonparticipating provider, you can request to keep receiving care from that provider for up to 90 days from the date your UPMC Health Plan coverage begins (your effective date). To get started, complete this form and email it to your provider. You can also print the form, fill out the fields in black ink, and mail or fax it to your provider. Your provider must return the form and any applicable documentation to UPMC Health Plan within 30 days of your effective date.
- Personal Representative Designation (PRD) form (PDF): Your dependents (age 13 to 26) must complete, sign, and date a PRD form to give UPMC Health Plan permission to share the dependent's personal health information with you, a guardian, a family member, or another custodian.
- View any other forms about your coverage and benefits on MyHealth OnLine.
- Use our programs and tools to help you live your healthiest life.
- Get the most from your pharmacy benefits.
Find a pharmacy near you, get a personal review of your medications, and ensure your medications are covered with our drug search tool.
Have a smart home device?
The UPMC Health Plan Virtual Concierge is available 24/7. It can walk you through how to get started with us!
Open our Virtual Concierge on your Amazon Alexa smart home device by prompting it with our welcome wake phrase.
"Alexa, ask UPMC Health Plan to welcome me."
Let’s make the most of your plan!
Have questions? Call our award-winning Health Care Concierge team.1
We work hard to make sure you can easily get answers to your health care questions. You can live chat with a Health Care Concierge by clicking Contact Us on MyHealth OnLine. If you want to speak to a representative, you can call the number on your member ID card. TTY users should call 711. Help is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Learn more about our Health Care Concierge team.
1UPMC Health Plan earned 11 Stevie® Awards in 2023, including three Gold Stevie Awards for Achievement in Customer Experience, Customer Service Team of the Year, and Back-Office Customer Service Team of the Year. The Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service are the world’s top honors for customer service, contact center, business development, and sales professionals.